3/04/2005

Alternate fillers for this space

In the near future, as soon as I can get all my "stuff" in one bag, I am considering putting up occassional snippets of different stories about my time in the US Navy. I have written them over the years since I retired from active duty. Some of them are to long for one sitting, so I guess you could say they will be in "serial" form. Hope it doesn't bore you all into oblivion. We will still be talking about all the good stuff that happens around here to! TIFN Everett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great idea. We should always hear stories from our elders. No disrespect with elders.

Sam said...

I'd love to hear some navy stories. I love it when the paper runs stories about historical maritime stuff - I asked about the old fuel boat that ran in the early 70's and the BI Times ran an excellent article about it. One of my buddies was an ex-Navy sub man that worked on nuclear plants; a few tug operator friends were also ex-Navy. I remember when I asked about the large boats off Block Island when we sailed from our homeport in Connecticut. My dad said those were Russian radar boats disguised as factory trawlers. This was 30-35 years ago. Yeah, I bet you know a bunch about that kind of stuff, and we'd love to hear it!

p.s., menacing looking boats, those Ruskies were ...